The Town of Halton Hills is Open for Business.
We recognize the importance of getting your project built on-time and within budget. Whether you are building new from the ground up, expanding an existing building, or relocating to Halton Hills, we are here to provide strategic support and assist you in navigating the complexities of the development review process.
We offer a number of services designed to support your project from initial concept and site selection to completion and beyond, through our complimentary Business Concierge service including:
- Dedicated Town resource to provide support, advice, community information, industry partnerships, and market analysis - from site selection, through to the development review process, and future business expansion;
- Streamlined and time-sensitive development process facilitation to fast-track development review timelines;
- Elevated customer service experience;
- Coordination of site visits and tours; and
- Rapid and coordinated issue resolution through the convenience of a single point of contact.
Halton Hills is a vibrant and growing community with a unique geography made up of both urban and rural features. With its strategic location in the GTA, cost-competitive business environment and proximity to major transportation networks and shipping hubs, the community offers a prime location for investment. Please visit Why Halton Hills for more information.
We look forward to working with you!
Is My Project Eligible?
Your project may be eligible for the Business Concierge stream if it meets one or more of the following criteria:
- Large development in the Premier Gateway, Georgetown or Acton Employment Areas;
- Minimum of 100,000 sq. ft. of gross floor area;
- High profile and complex proposal;
- Major employment and assessment generator, in terms of the total number of jobs and job density;
- Major office, commercial/retail use, mixed-use or tourism generator;
- Large monetary investment;
- Key sector aligned with the Town’s priority sectors (e.g. advanced manufacturing, clean technology, tourism, food and beverage, office); and
- Project facing urgent timelines.
If your project meets one or more of the above criteria or if you have any questions regarding eligibility, please contact Tony Boutassis, Expeditor & Business Development Portfolio Manager to learn more about the Business Concierge Program.
If your project does not meet the eligibility criteria, no need to worry. Our Economic Development, Innovation and Culture Department has the appropriate resources and supports in place to help your business thrive in Halton Hills. Please visit the Resources section.
Halton Hills is a great place to invest. The Town has three municipally serviced employment areas that accommodate businesses across a wide range of sectors, including manufacturing, retail trade, transportation and warehousing, construction, wholesale trade, and professional, scientific, and technical services. The Employment Areas are the:
- Premier Gateway Employment Area;
- Georgetown Industrial Area; and
- Acton Industrial Area.
For more information about each of these employment areas, including available properties, key statistics, growing and established uses, emerging uses and mapping, please visit the Plan Your Move section.
The Town of Halton Hills is the perfect location for your business. Whether you are looking for vacant land or to relocate into an existing building we are here to assist. Available properties can be found using the search tool by clicking here.
- Site Location Tool
- Economic Development and Tourism Strategy
- Foreign Direct Investment Strategy
- Community Improvement Plan (currently being updated)
- Visit Halton Hills Website
- Town of Halton Hills Official Plan
- Town of Halton Hills Zoning By-laws
- Development Application Review / Pre-Consultation
- Development Charges