During this difficult time, the Town of Halton Hills is committed to engaging with and supporting the business community. We are monitoring the situation and are continuously gathering information and supports to help navigate through the available resources being announced through all levels of government.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to the Economic Development Team with any questions or concerns. We will also be updating the business community on Town initiatives through our Invest Halton Hills newsletter. To subscribe, visit the newsletter page at HaltonHills.ca and find the Economic Development, Innovation and Culture newsletter registration box.
Call to Action
MICRO PPE PROCUREMENT PORTAL -Local Companies Helping Local Healthcare and Essential Services
Currently, the Federal and Provincial governments are working toward procuring large quantities of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). In the short term, there are local companies across Halton Region which can help alleviate short-term critical supply of PPE for local hospitals and long-term care facilities, as well as, essential service businesses. No amount is too small. Learn more.
- SUPPLIERS NEEDED - The Government of Canada is calling all businesses that can supply products and services in support of Canada's response to COVID-1. Learn more.
- MANUFACTURERS NEEDED - If yo u are a manufacturer or business that can assist Canada in meeting the need for medical supplies, your help is needed. Learn more.
- SUPPLIES, INNOVATION, IDEAS - Ontario is looking for help from businesses and organizations who can supply emergency products and innovative solutions to support the response to COVID-19. Learn more.
- NOW HIRING: Superior Glove in Acton is looking for full-time and temporary staff to help produce PPE for the fight against COVID-19. Day shift (7:00 am - 3:30 pm) and afternoon shift (3:30 pm to midnight) available! Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- NGen's COVID-19 Response Program - $50 million to fund projects that involve the rapid production launch of products in short supply, including virus screening test kits, gloves, gowns, masks, and other personal protective equipment, hospital equipment such as ventilators and peripherals, as well as cleaning and sterilization chemicals and equipment.
Local Information and Updates
- Town of Halton Hills News Releases related to business:
Town Establishes Economic Support and Recovery Task Force to Continue to Support Local Business
Town Continues to Assist Local Businesses and Encourages Cooperation Between Landlords and Tenants
- Letter from the Mayor:
Business Continuity and Business Resources
- Town of Halton Hills COVID-19
Important Town of Halton Hills updates and information related to:
- Services, programs and operations
- Tax Information
- Planning & Development Process
- Halton Region
The Halton Small Business Centre is committed to continuing to support Halton’s small businesses and is now offering services remotely, including free one-on-one consultations by phone and video conferencing.
Global Business Centre
Small Business Centre
- Halton Hills Chamber of Commerce
Local Business Updates during COVID
Food and Restaurant Updates during COVID
Virtual Meeting and Events
- Downtown Acton BIA
- Downtown Georgetown BIA
Government of Canada
- Canada's Economic Response Plan
Prime Minister announces further support to help Canadians in need - April 21, 2020
Prime Minister announces additional support for small businesses - April 17, 2020
Wage Subsidy Details News Release -April 1, 2020
Town of Halton Hills Applauds Much Needed Emergency Relief - March 30, 2020
Enhanced Measures for Small/Medium Businesses - March 27, 2020
- Canadian Business Resilience Network
- Resources for Canadian Businesses
- Work Sharing Program - Temporary special measures
- Employment Insurance and Labour and Occupational Health and Safety
Province of Ontario
Ontario's "Stop the Spread" Business Information Line
The province has launched a toll-free line 1-888-444-3659 to provide support to Ontario businesses who have questions about the province’s recent emergency order to close at-risk workplaces following recommendations by Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health. Assistance is available from Monday to Sunday, from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Stop the Spread Business Information Line Now Open
- Ontario's Action Plan: Responding to COVID-19
- Premier Ford Appoints Team to Develop Plan for Post-Pandemic Growth and Prosperity
- Ontario Providing Electricity Relief to Small Businesses and Farms during COVID-1
- Ontario Closing At-Risk Workplaces to Protect Health and Safety
- List of essential workplaces
- Ontario Ministry of Health - Statistics and self assessment tool
Tourism, Arts & Culture Resources
TIAC, in partnership with Destination Canada, have released a new survey that will gather current impact on the tourism industry as well as collect your feedback on recovery issues. Complete the survey.
- Tourism Industry Association of Ontario
Take part in COVID-Survey 4.0 to help shape economic recovery packages.
- Hamilton Halton Brant Regional Tourism Association
- Destinations International
COVID-19 Response and Recovery Hub
- Minister of Heritage, Sport, Tourism and Culture Industries
10 Point Action Plan
- Canada Council For the Arts
- Ontario Arts Council
Canada and Ontario Supporting Agri-food Sector Supply Chain During COVID-19
The governments of Canada and Ontario are investing up to $1 million in new funding to connect workers with in-demand jobs in the agri-food sector to keep the nation's supply chains strong and store shelves stocked during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Canada’s Temporary Foreign Worker Quarantine Assistance Program
Up to $1,500 per temporary foreign worker (TFW) will be provided to employers or those working with them to ensure isolation protocols are met.
Eligibility: Employers with TFWs adhering to the upon-arrival 14-day isolation period.
Increase to Farm Credit Canada’s lending capacity
An additional $5 billion in lending capacity to assist the industry in addressing cash flow challenges.
Eligibility: Farmers, agri-businesses, and food processors.
Canada’s Advance Payment Program
$173 million in loan repayment deferrals under the Advance Payments Program through Agricultural Credit Corporation.
Eligibility: Farmers with APP loans
Canada’s Deferral of HST Remittance and Customs Duty Payments
Businesses, including self-employed individuals, can defer until June 30, 2020 their remittances of the Harmonized Sales Tax (HST), as well as customs duties owing on their imports.
Eligibility: Business who must remit HST and Customs Duties. Note that GST/HST rebates that are late filed may be considered for processing.
Ontario’s Workplace Safety and Ins. Board’s Financial Relief Package
As part of the Ontario government’s $1.9 billion in relief for employers, the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) will defer premium payments for six months for all businesses in the province.
- Canada Emergency Business Account
An interest-free loan of $40,000 for qualifying businesses. Up to $10,000 of that amount will be eligible for complete forgiveness if $30,000 is fully repaid on or before December 31, 2022.
Eligibility: Businesses and not-for-profits are eligible to apply for this loan if they have an annual payroll of between $20,000 and $1.5 million.
Business Recovery Webinars
- Halton Food and Beverage Webinar Series
Join local leaders in the Food and Beverage industry for a series of informative webinars in support of economic growth and recovery for one of Halton Region’s leading sectors.
Learn about how to mitigate the various challenges that businesses face due to COVID 19. In this virtual symposium our aim is to provide you with; an overview of your employment obligations as a business owner, considerations on how to minimize your business exposure and losses, resources that are available to businesses in the Food & Beverage Sector, and how to build your brand during a crisis.
Register Now for the following free webinars:
Understanding your legal Employment Obligations and Commercial Lease Commitments
Monday, April 27th, 10AM - 11:30AM
Highlighting Resources for the Food & Beverage Sector
Wednesday, April 29th, 10AM - 11:30AM
Building a Brand During a Crisis
Friday, May 1st, 10AM - 11:30AM
- Halton Hills Chamber of Commerce:
List of virtual meetings and events
- Export Development Canada (EDC):
COVID19: Managing the impact on global supply chains
- Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC):
How to cope with the impacts of COVID19 on your business
Digitize your business and gain a competitive edge with a step-by-step Plan
"How to" success with ecommerce
How to leverage the marketing power of the Internet
- Conference Board of Canada:
Effective Crisis Communication: Moving Crisis to Opportunity
You’re It: Crisis, Change and How to Lead When It Matters Most
Creating a Respectful Virtual Workplace
Increasing Resilience Through Times of Change
COVID19: Retail Solutions
- Digital Main Street:
A variety of webinars including small business websites 101, SEO fundamentals, social media, digital marketing and advertising, ecommerce and more. Learn more
- Destination Canada:
Destination Canada Webinar Updates on COVID19
Virtual office hours focusing on topics related to COVID19. Learn more.
- Events Industry Council:
How to transition your live event to an engaging virtual experience
- Toronto Region Board of Trade:
Business Continuity Webinar Series
Other Business Resources
- Conference Board of Canada:
COVID-19: Implications for Canada and the Economic Impact
- Export Development Canada:
Managing the impact on global supply chain
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce:
Pandemic Preparedness for Business
- Ontario Chamber of Commerce
COVIC-19 Emergency Preparedness Toolkit for Ontario Businesses
- World Health Organization
COVID-19 - Business and Employees
- Canadian Federation of Independent Business
Small Business Resources for Dealing with COVID-19
- Business Development Bank of Canada:
Support for Entrepreneurs Impacted by the COVID-19 Coronavirus