University of Guelph is now accepting co-op job postings for the fall work term. Students available from 35+ programs for 4, 8 or 12-month work terms (program specific). Visit the employer section of uoguelph.ca/coop to learn about hiring incentives.
Still hiring for this summer? It's not too late, we still have students available. Contact University of Guelph office at 519-824-4120 ext. 52323 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
Agri-Food Industry: Work with UofG Students to Solve Product Development Challenges
Is your business grappling with a food product / food ingredient challenge? The University of Guelph offers a two-semester course that allows students to examine the research and development process related to new food products including idea generation, consumer exploration, competitive space analysis, prototype development, sensory evaluation and product marketing. Students are presented with a real-world challenge and work to develop a solution over the course of the year.
- Challenges should meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Innovation: Does not exist in Canada/North America on a commercial scale
- Application: Leverage an ingredient which is new or underutilized or a food safe waste-stream product
- Consumer Focused: Address a significant and growing trend in consumer demand that is currently unaddressed
- Technical: Create a new product or translate an existing product to a new format involving significant technical challenges
- Challenges should have at least one specific target/goal in addition to the main challenge (e.g.: Shelf life, Product Parameters, Annual amounts, Nutritional goals, etc.)
- Must be feasible from a cost and capability perspective without significant capital investment
- Must be challenging and interesting from a marketing and/or food science perspective.
If you are interested in the program, please email Derek Vella at email@example.com with the subject “Fall 2019 Concept”.