The Town of Halton Hills continues to implement actions to support businesses in response to the challenges posed by COVID-19.
Provincewide Shutdown December 26, 2020
On December 21, 2020, the Province of Ontario announced Halton Hills, along with all Southern Ontario municipalities will enter into the Grey lockdown level of the COVID response framework on Saturday, December 26, 2020 at 12:01 a.m. for 28 days. The province released specific guidelines/additional restrictions for various business sectors to follow during the shutdown. Refer to the General Public Health Measures for all Businesses, Organizations and Facilities document for guidelines for the various sectors, including:
- Supermarkets and Big Box Retailers
- Restaurants, bars and other food or drink establishment
- Shopping malls
- Personal and Commercial Services
- Supply Chain
- Agriculture and Food Production
- Hotels, motels and short-term rentals
- Media Industries
- Real estate (including pre-sale construction)
Additional information and guidelines for public gatherings, facilities and healthcare and more can be found in this document. Check and carefully review the COVID-19 Provincial Shutdown webpage for any updates.
Residents of Halton Hills should call 311 with inquiries about current restrictions and the COVID-19 hotline at 905-825-4722 to report COVID-19 non-compliance.
Red Zone Regulations for Restaurants and Food Establishments
Per Ontario Regulation 263/20, to ensure public safety, restaurants, bars and other food and drink establishments located in Halton Hills are reminded to follow all applicable requirements, including:
- Maximum indoor patrons: 10 (where physical distancing of two meters can be maintained)
- Maximum outdoor patrons: 25 (where physical distancing of two meters can be maintained)
- Maximum of 4 patrons per table
- Any tent installed is considered ‘outdoor dining’ and does not add any indoor dining capacity
- Any proposed tent must:
- be erected at least 3 meters away from the existing building or other structures;
- have at least two full sides of the tent open to the outdoors;
- comply with applicable provisions of the Ontario Building Code;
- comply with applicable Zoning; and,
- not have heaters located inside of the tent or under any canopy.
- Dining domes must have two sides or 50% of the enclosure open and a maximum of 4 patrons per dome
- Dining domes with an area of less than 10m2 do not require a building permit
For more information on outdoor dining in Halton Hills, please visit Al Fresco in the Hills.
For building permits requirements, please contact the Town of Halton Hills Building Division.
For inquiries on heaters, please contact the Town of Halton Hills Fire Department at 905-877-1133.
Details on the Provincial COVID-19 Control Level – Red are available at: COVID-19 Response Framework.